Coaching for artists, geeks, and gamers. Special interests in children, gifted people, and HSP (highly sensitive people).
Highly sensitive person (HSP), giftedness, bullying, academic skills, social skills, transitioning young children to kindergarten, calming strategies for energetic kiddos, finding oneself & a support network when being different...
Working with children is very playful and behavioral. I provide educational tools for the family to grow together and help their child thrive.
I can help you find acceptance & develop peace related to being different. We will identify strengths and coping strategies related to perfectionism and fulfilling roles of responsibility. We will also use existing tools and gifts to grow and accomplish short-term goals, to find a new normal way of being while staying authentic.
Workshops & Talks
Education and knowledge can lift a person and community towards betterment. I believe in empowering others through information and access to resources. It would be an honor to have you attend my workshops, or to be asked to speak at your venue.
Some topics I speak on are related to: video games, relationships, creativity, and mental health. I am currently collaborating with 1888center on workshops. Please check back to see upcoming dates and details. Thank you!
My Favorite Talks:
- Highly Sensitive People & Artists
- 5 Things Gamers in Your Life Want You to Know
- Video Game Stereotypes
- Online Gaming & Harassment* (co-facilitated)
- Video Games & Parenting
I also speak at schools to parents or students to raise awareness of online safety and video game stigmas. I LOVE to guest lecture on video game culture to help clinicians and students identify interventions and alternative perspectives to working with gamers.
Other Areas of Focus:
- preschool & kinder readiness
- children & tweens
- issues related to giftedness
- highly sensitive people (HSP)
- academic skills
- social skills
- parenting support
- Asian-American identity
- college stress
- artists & perfectionism
- geeks, gamers, & being "different"
- issues w/ social media & internet
- video games (reducing game play and translating skills to RL)
- *as always, I can refer you to a list of local therapists or mental health resources as needed or requested
- Each 50-minute in-person coaching session is $150
- Every now and then I have reduced rates for college students and unique circumstances.
- I do not conduct video coaching. (I've tried, and it's difficult to schedule). If you're looking for coaching or therapy with someone like me, I can help look for referrals!
- Group rates vary. Gamer Social Skills Group is $35 per group for a series of 8 meetings. This group is currently for tweens and preteens.
- If there is a need for Adult Gamer Social Skills Groups, please let me know! I'd love to make one.
- Talks with local primary and secondary schools are free :)
- Rates, topics, and venues will vary. If you have a topic you'd like me to speak on and teach the community, let me know! I can research and speak, or help find someone in the mental health community who might already have workshops.
- I love brainstorming with creatives to help them develop momentum and get unstuck in their processes! My rate per consult is $150 per 50-minute in-person session.
- Payment is due before we work together. I can email invoices for payment through PayPal.
NOTE: I do not take insurance, since I do not offer therapeutic services.
***If you're looking for a therapist, please feel free to reach out. I will try to connect you with a referral. And as always you are not obligated to take the referral. Please find what services match your need, and who is available in your area. If I don't get back to you, please check in with me.***