I define myself and each cell of my body, as an artist. I will always firstly see life, the beauty of the cosmos, and the sometimes immeasurable emotions that humans feel, as an aspect of art: we are living, breathing, art.
We're all part of something so vast and unknown, it can create humility in the most boastful of us. I am humbled by the beauty of this universe, and the wondrous generosity the human heart has the capacity to create.
I have an affinity for the natural innocence and wonder of children, and those who have survived to maintain their creative identities as adults.
It is not easy being a creative individual in a world of conformity. There are certain measures of success, many of which, artists are unable to meet during their lifetimes. But living as an artist is more about one's authenticity and pursuance of creative possibility, than showing others certain criteria on a checklist of success have been met.
Creatives understand this. We can't truly measure happiness, personal fulfillment, or integrity. One's internal peace, the pleasure of creating beauty, or discovering knowledge, can't be measured or compared to others. We're misunderstood and mystified outliers who create beauty for ourselves and others to enjoy.
The struggle to find acceptance with oneself isn't always easy, yet for some it's natural. For me it was a long journey, and it feels nice to be where I am. Nurturing one's creativity is a lifelong process, and I look forward to expanding on my definitions of creativity with other artists, geeks and gamers.
Thank you for dropping by~ I hope you have a wonderful day filled with creative exploration and joy. <3 Boonie
- I love unicorns, esp. Pinkie Pie.
- I love jellyfish, deep sea life, and bioluminescence (glow-in-the-dark creatures).
- My favorite color is purple.
- I am an auntie to several children and one puppy named Ollie. I adore them all. I love playing with a teaching them many things about this wonderful life and universe.
- I've read about and discussed MBTI with others for eight years. I'm interested in Enneagram and Socionics, too.
- I enjoy gardening and flowers of every type.
- I think art is a great tool for controlled chaos.
- Batman is my hero.
- I like reading comics. My favorites are currently Monstress and SAGA.
- I read parts of many books at once. Right now I probably have 3 comics and 5 novels I'm working on. Many times I don't finish them!
- I love cake, and Nothing Bundt Cake is my favorite!
photos by Miles and Steps
- MA, Clinical Psychology TCSPP
- BA, Studio Arts UC Irvine
- Human Development (33 units), IVC
Certifications or Continuing Education
- Reiki Level II
- Executive Presence for Women, Lynda.com
- Gottman Method (level 1 training) The Gottman Institute
- Become a Leader series, Lynda.com
- Managing a Diverse Team, Lynda.com
- From Counselor to Coach: Making the Transition, Zur Institute
- Essentials in Play Therapy (I am NOT a play therapist)
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting
- Peer Mediation/Conflict Resolution, Dept. of Ed.
- Grief & Bereavement, Mariposa Center for Women & Children
Talks & workshops given
- (upcoming) Internet Safety
- 8 Lies Artists Tell Themselves
- Highly Sensitive People & Artists (co-facilitated)
- Relationship Red Flags
- 5 Video Gamer Stereotypes
- Conflict Resolution & Communication
- Your Online Footprint
- Gaming & Harassment (co-facilitated)
- 5 Things Gamers in Your Life Want You to Know
- Bullying (elementary school-aged)
- Gossiping (elementary school-aged)
- Addiction (co-facilitated)
Projects & Community
will update soon. somehow Squarespace deleted this section :(