I will write a blog post about this later. For now, please listen to some thoughts related to sharing perspective on Video Games & Failure to Launch, some book recommendations, and ways to help your gamer identify and use skills in games to real life.
- Reality is Broken by Jane McGonigal
- Super Better by Jane McGonigal
Things to Consider:
- Thinking about the reasons for why someone would play...
- Has it always been this way? If not, what changed?
- How are games being used by the gamer?
- Is it ann escape, or a way to develop some skills?
- What kinds of skills is this gamer learning from the game?
- Is it a social game where connection is being offered?
- Is it a way to test reality to channel energy or try on a different hat?
- How can we identify the positive and negative skills or coping strategies used in games?