Gaming, specifically massive multiplayer online roleplaying games (MMORPGS), was my drug of choice for years. Where else can I become a badass blue-skinned Draenei shaman who duel wields maces in one moment, or a night elf shadow priest who melts faces and offheals for raids of 15-40 people? Gaming has been a gift and a curse for many, including myself. With our culture's increased use of technology, there may be a need to address the reality of internet and gaming addiction. Seeking balance can be an important aspect of any behavior, even one that gives so much joy and creative beauty.
It can be a great escape when life becomes too stressful, or a chance to be a hero or villain one's always wished of becoming, and it can also help bring people across the globe together for a unified cause. It may be difficult for non-gamers to understand how important gaming can be to many.
I offer coaching that is gamer-affirmative.
This approach acknowledges that gaming is an essential part of a person's life. There are real memories created with real people, and the investment of time is very important in honoring when talking about gaming. It is not just a hobby. It can be a person's lifeline to the outside world, a chance to process issues, and/or opportunity to spark creative exploration.
Contact me today to see how I can help you or a loved one who games: email@example.com or (949) 381-1894
Organized Messes Blogs & Videos on Gaming
- 5 Things Gamers in Your Life Want You to Know - Blog
- Pokemon GO - Safety & General Playing - Blog
- 8 Thoughts on Internet Addiction - Blog
- Gaming & Anger - Blog
- On Art & Gaming (Guest Post) - Blog
- Therapy for the Misunderstood - Blog
- 10 Benefits & Negatives of Gaming - Blog
- Boonie's Thoughts on Video Games Playlist - YouTube Videos Playlist
- Playing Games & Talking to Children - Youtube Video
- Gaming & Memories - Youtube Video
- Gaming & Avatars - Youtube Video
- Introduction to Gaming Videos Series - Youtube Video
- Message to Creatives, Geeks, & Gamers - Youtube Video
- 3 Benefits of Table Top Games - Youtube Video
- Why I like Gaming (MMORPGs) - Youtube/Audio
- Pokemon GO (Safety, Mental Illness, & Gaming Culture) - Youtube Video
Banner image: PERSONAL VIDEO GAME LIBRARY, JIM PICARDO, INTP