This is a list of mental health resources for the Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego county areas. I currently can't perform therapy, but I might know someone who can for you. NOTE: These referrals are given as a courtesy. Please check your insurance, ask questions when you call, and consider whether this person will be a good match for you. It's okay to ask for referrals if you think it's not a good fit.
Autism, LGBTQ Affirmative, Sex Positive Therapy, & Psych Assessments (Teens & Adults)- Torrance
- South Bay Treatment with Joel Schwartz, PsyD | (424) 265-8185 or email@example.com
Counseling for Abuse & Trauma (Children & Teens) - Upland or Palm Springs
- Raquel Buchanan, MA, MFTI (Marriage & Family Therapist Intern) | (818) 839-2032
Counseling for Creative Types (writers, artists, & musicians) - San Diego
- Rachel Moore, MA, MFTI (Marriage & Family Therapist Intern) | (619) 272-6858 x706
Couples Counseling - Laguna Hills
- The Happy Couple Expert, Robyn D'Angelo LMFT | (714) 390-1652
Eating Disorder Recovery - Irvine
- Priscilla Jadhalla, MA, MFTI (Marriage & Family Therapist Intern) | (949) 264-3914
High Achieving Teenagers, Encino & Los Angeles
Holistic Psychotherapy for Individual, Couples, & Families - Newport Beach
- A Holistic Approach with Shelby Castile, RYT, LMFT | (949) 436-7347
LGBT Affirmative Therapy - Newport Beach
Midlife Transition, Couples Counseling, & Victims of Crime - Irvine
- Dr. Marie Kerns | (949) 285-5199
Mindful Misfits for Teens & Adults - Huntington Beach
- Jennifer Rodriquez Walker, MA, LMFT | (562)294-3893
Parenting Coach - Huntington Beach
- The Parenting Skill with Mercedes Samudio, LCSW | (310) 351-3609
Technology, Teens, and Psychology - Encino
- Stephanie Haibloom, PsyD. | (818) 501-4123
Trauma-Informed Therapy & Couples Counseling - Long Beach
- Jasmine Adams, LCSW | (213) 324-6063
Pregnancy Loss & Infant Death Support Group - Long Beach
- Forever Footprints with Jasmine Adams, LCSW | (213) 324-6063
GEEK THERAPY COMMUNITY
- Gamer Therapist - I consult, write and teach about the interface between online technologies & psychotherapy. In particular I focus on the use of video games from a psychodynamic perspective. I provide private supervision for psychotherapists who are seeking to start, grow, & market their private practice. I’m really excited about the seismic shifts in how we can practice psychotherapy in a Web 2.0 (and beyond) world.
- Geek Therapy - Geek Therapy celebrates Mental Health and Geek Culture through podcasts, videos, blog posts, community outreach, education, and convention appearances.
- Psych Tech Podcast - PsychTech is the psychology and technology podcast. Join Kelli Dunlap and Josué Cardona in exploring the human side of technology. Discover how the worlds of psych and tech interact and influence each other in exciting and unexpected ways. The show breaks down everything from science fiction to science fact, plus how it all influences human behavior. This is Psych Tech.
- RPG Reseach Project Community - A repository of published studies related to role playing games and their effects on participants. The community's goals are to establish educational and therapeutic effects while being able to implement evidenced-based interventions for services provided through the organization.
- Anxiety Gaming - Nonprofit that connects gamers to low-cost therapists who understand the world of gamers.
- Bean Professional Psychological Services - Geek Therapist, and Video Game researcher, Fort Worth, Texas
- The Telos Project - Nonprofit aimed at improving the quality and access to mental health services in Texas.
- Kelli Dunlap, PsyD. - Psychologist & Game Designer (not practicing therapy)
- RPG Therapeutics - Washington State Registered Recreational Therapist Also associated with http:/rpgresearch.com http://rpgtrailer.com & http://rpgfund.org
- Victims & Villains - We are suicide prevention nerd news podcast. We tallk about everything in pop culture, while raising awareness of hope for those who are suicidal, depressed, self-harmful and addiction. Every event we do, we partner with local therapists and churches in that respective area to see breakthrough for suicide.
- Empowered Therapy - Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in both MN and IL. Currently practicing in IL and accepting new clients.
- Clear Mind Group - Clinical hypnotherapy. Short term therapies. Specialize in trauma & entrepreneurs. Individuals, families, and couples. Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Adam Johns Therapy - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in Geeks and Gamers. I also run the Wheelhouse Workshop groups which use roleplaying games like D&D to build social skills for teens at (www.wheelhouseworkshop.com). Located in Seattle, Washington.
- Rolling For Change, LLC - LPC specializing in anxiety disorders, trauma, and self esteem. I use board games, music, and other experiential modalities to help clients meet there goals. I also run the Rolling for Change podcast with Josue Cardona and Brian Peace. Located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- K Counseling - LPC: Mental health and Career Counselor in assisting others in finding purpose and meaning in their lives through their Geek lifestyle. Located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Blue Box Counseling - LMFT, LADC: I specialize in working with clients who consider themselves to be outside the mainstream: Geeks, LGBTQIA+, Secular community, etc. I primarily use a narrative approach that incorporates pop culture (modern mythologies) to explore clients' stories. Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.