Preschool isn't just playing or babysitting. It affects brain development, readiness for learning, social skills, trust in adults, trust in their environment to explore, to try again, creative exploration which feeds into analytical problem solving skills, confidence in themselves to make mistakes, knowing how to ask for help, self care...
Blog posts and videos related to early education:
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment https://amzn.to/29uMhue
- Attachment Theory https://bit.ly/2GcJdnN
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs https://bit.ly/2nY3jfd
- Dave Super Powers https://bit.ly/2LuFl3k
- Personality Hacker https://bit.ly/2JjvsJ3
- Personality Cafe (forum) https://bit.ly/2M9EJ45
- The Body Keeps the Score https://amzn.to/2JFJYdK
- Trauma & Recovery https://amzn.to/2JkIyWC
- The Drama of the Gifted Child https://amzn.to/2kWkgUh
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across the Lifetime TED TALK https://bit.ly/1w1DJW5
- Eastern Body Western Mind https://amzn.to/2sQyLfB
- Man & His Symbols https://amzn.to/2kXhKx2
- Man's Search for Meaning https://amzn.to/2LzL8EW
- The Highly Sensitive Person https://amzn.to/2sQSITF
- The Artist's Way https://amzn.to/2HwajWf
- Daring Greatly https://amzn.to/2LyRGDz
- Flourish: a Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being https://amzn.to/2JuGuXR
- The How of Happiness https://amzn.to/2sFRH1D
- Mindsight https://amzn.to/2LxNbcy
- Bowen Family Systems Theory https://bit.ly/2rRXX74
- Defense Mechanisms (video) https://bit.ly/2LuGiIW
- CBT ABC Model https://bit.ly/2sNOkoD
- Learned Helplessness (+ Cure) https://bit.ly/2uJhOrH
- GRIT (TED Talk) The power of passion and perseverance https://bit.ly/1XBHWfI
- Harvard Working Papers, Child Development https://bit.ly/2Jw0xZx
- Addiction & Codependency https://bit.ly/2sPUHYy
DISCLAIMER: This video and links are for educational purposes only. Please have a professional work with you if seeking therapy or support with mental wellness.
Attempting to answer the question of how to find the right art medium as a creative. I don't think I answered it directly, but I hope it gives an idea of one of many ways someone can find their medium/media. Thanks for watching! How did you know you found your medium?
The Artist's Way: https://amzn.to/2xSuhLg
For more information on Bowen Family Systems:
Some tips for fashion and art students applying to schools:
1) Research your school to see the type of program it is: conceptual, trade, skill-focused, business school?
2) Develop your math skills. If fashion, there will be measurements and scaled models to reference through your career. Practice converting fractions, measurements, and decimals. If necessary, have a tutor, or learn how you best learn math.
3) Writing skills. Read! Practice! Use the dictionary! Language skills are part of your branding, the first thing people think of when reading your mission statement.
4) Networking: This also wasn't taught to me in psychology. People don't know your brand or services if they haven't met you, or if you haven't put yourself out there. Figure out comfortable, yet achievable ways to reach people in your industry. Build relationships. The referrals will come. People want to know what you offer and who you are first.
5) Email & Etiquette: A well-written email and thank yous go a long way in a sea of people who aren't grateful for connections. Stand out with that extra five minutes.
6) Learn how to sew. In fashion merchandising, there are components for knowing how to sew to a degree. Even if you don't plan to make large garments, or sew in the future, knowing this process helps you understand how to expand your vocabulary and collaborate with those who will be sewing. It will help in the future as a business leader.